Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Melted Crayon Art

There has been a lot on Pinterest with melted crayon art and with back to school crayons prices, I figured it was about time to give it a try.
 
First I painted my canvas with a nature-y landscape. 
 
 
Then I scoured my daughters box of crayons for every hue of green I could find and supplemented with a few new crayons.
 
Since most of the crayons I was using were old broken nubs, I opted to peel the paper off.
 
Then I hot glued the crayons to the canvas.
 
  Helpful tip:  put the hot glue on the canvas and  push the crayon onto it.  Otherwise the hot glue will instantly melt the crayon in your fingers resulting a minor burns and a few choice words that shouldn't be used in front of your children. 

 
To melt the crayons I used my craft heat gun but I hear a blow dryer set on the hottest setting works too.  I held the canvas at a slight inverted angle so the melted crayons would "grow" up the canvas. 

 
Then I popped the heads off some clearance out daisies and hot glued those to the canvas as well. 
 
To completely finish the project I'm hoping to run across a garage sale or seriously clearance out picture frame that I can remove the glass and pop the canvas in its place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment